Why you need to get yourself to a Bounce Class
Lizzie Merifield owner of Bounce Oxford tells us why she loves Bounce and why, as soon as you give it a go, you will too!
Why are bounce workouts so effective?
There’s oodles of scientific research on the benefits of rebounding, but most notably NASA calls it “the most efficient and effective exercise yet devised by man” due to the extra gravitational force that the trampoline padadds. ((BOUNCE))™ improves weight loss 3 times quicker than floor based workouts due to opposing gravity and added g-force.
Who should try bounce?
Everyone! All ages, abilities, shapes and sizes are welcome! We’ve designed five different styles of ((BOUNCE))™ classes, catering to all ages and fitness interests. With over 500 sessions per week in 100+ venues, you can choose a session that works for you.
What should we expect from a bounce class?
Our 1 hour class features the first 40 minutes of choreographed dance-cardio jumping routines to burn calories fast and finishes with 20 minutes of muscle toning concentrating on abs, legs, triceps and glutes. Our H.I.I.T programmed sessions focus on rapid weight loss – but don’t take our word for it, our customers show they’re burning 700+ calories per class when they post their Fitbit selfies on our Facebook page! It’s fun, friendly and fierce with one requirement: you can’t jump without a smile!
What are the long-term benefits?
The list of benefits is endless! Here are just a few…
- Improves aerobic capacity, heart & lung function
- Reduces body fat, improves body composition
- Strengthens bones, helps prevent osteoporosis
- Improves balance, agility & coordination
- Strengthens muscles, improves endurance
- Boosts the immune system, increases lymph flow
What about the mental and emotional effects?
- Bouncing on a trampoline makes you happy, and due to the increased production of serotonin in the brain exercise makes you happy too…both together is the perfect combination! Here are just a few ways ((BOUNCE)) can improve your mental and emotional wellbeing…
- Releases endorphins in the body which leads to improved moods
- Reduces stress & alleviates anxiety
- Improves self confidence
- Helps to improve sleeping patterns
- Boosts brain power & memory
- Helps to control addiction
LIZZIE’S TOP FIVE REASONS BOUNCE IS ONE OF THE BEST WORKOUTS
- It’s so much fun! – ((BOUNCE)) makes working out so enjoyable that it doesn’t feel like a chore. I especially enjoy our evening classes when we turn the lights down and the disco lights up…its like a mini rave on trampolines!
- It really works! – ((BOUNCE)) isn’t a gimmick, it’s a high intensity, low impact, full body workout. I’m the proof…I lost a stone and a half in my first 6 months of ((BOUNCE))!
- It’s child friendly! – ((BOUNCE)) offers special ‘child friendly’ sessions, this means that parents can bring kids of any age into the studio while they workout, so there’s no need to worry about expensive childcare. I love having little ones in my child friendly classes, you’ll often find me roping the kids in to help me with the cool-down at the end of a class!
- The leggings! – My ultimate obsession! We have our own range of branded activewear available to purchase on our website, including a collection of AMAZING leggings! Super high quality, comfortable, and in a range of gorgeous colours and patterns…I have an entire section of my wardrobe just for my collection of ((BOUNCE)) leggings!
- The #bouncearmy! – We refer to our attendees as our #bouncearmy as they are such a force! Passionate, committed, supportive, fun & friendly…my attendees are the reason I love my job so much! I love seeing how much they progress with every week that passes. ((BOUNCE)) isn’t just a place to get fit but to make friends too!