The perfect Vegan Sweet Treat for Christmas!
Are you looking to impress your Christmas guests with a healthy yet super tasty sweet treat? Try this recipe that Naturally Sweet Oxford has kindly shared with us so that all of you can start planning your Christmas treats! Preparation is key, or that’s what they say! However, these delicious energy balls are the perfect to pair something sweet with a cup of tea or coffee all year round.
Chocolate and Coconut energy balls
By Naturally Sweet Oxford
Ingredients (makes 10-14 balls depending on size)
- 200g almonds
- 200g pitted dates
- 1 heaped tablespoon of cacao powder
- 100g desiccated coconut
- Put almonds and dates in a food processor and allow to break down into smaller but chunky pieces.
- Add the cacao powder and two tablespoons of water and continue to use the food processor until fully combined and forms a sticky mixture.
- Take a small piece of the mixture from the top in your hands. If the mixture can be rolled into a ball without falling apart, then it is ready (if not, then add a tiny amount more water and blend until ready).
- Take the mixture out of the food processor and start to roll into balls until the mixture is gone.
- Roll all of the balls in desiccated coconut and keep in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy them/share them 🙂
Register your interest to attend FitFest Oxford as Naturally Sweet Oxford will be there to share more of these amazing recipes with you.
Ps. Feel free to forward some pictures of your version of the chocolate and coconut energy balls.